New, from the manufacturer of Taulman 618 Nylon 3D printer filament, in our assortment is Taulman 645 Nylon 3D printer filament. Taulman 645 has remarkable characteristics when it comes to strength (St: 16,533 psi /114MPa), surface bonding, and durability (exp. elongation at break = 120%).
Taulman 645 Nylon is a 3D printer filament which is specially designed for 3D Printing purposes where excellent surface bonding, reduced water-absorption, tear-resistance and transparency are joined into a 1.75mm and 2.85mm 3D printer filament.
Printing Taulman 645 Nylon Filament is similar to printing with Taulman 618 Nylon filament. The recommended printing temperature for Taulman 645 is ~230°C to 265°C. Taulman 645 Nylon has comparable warping properties as Taulman 618, but with an improvement in strength, surface bonding- and clearness properties.
Features of Taulman 645 filament
- Taulman 645 Nylon is Manufactured in the U.S.A.;
- Very High Strength - Expected Tensile Strength, Yield = 16,533 psi (114MPa);
- Extreme Durability - Expected Elongation at Break =120 %;
- Excellent Bridging performance;
- Superior Surface Texture;
- Taulman 645 Nylon Co-Polymer consists of the purest form of a delta transition of Nylon 6/9, Nylon 6 and Nylon 6T with a crystallinity optimization process in addition to post processing for maximum bonding during a thermal transition (3D Printing);
- Taulman 645 meets the EU's "REACH" requirements as defined by the ECHA European Chemicals Agency. There are NO additives or chemicals in Taulman 645 that are listed in the REACH Directive.
Tips and Tricks for using Taulman 645 Nylon filament
- Taulman 645 has a slightly higher viscosity than other printing materials. As the layer height exceeds 50% of the nozzle dia, printing speed should be adjusted downward ~10% - 20%;
- Retraction: due to a slightly higher viscosity, the retraction distance may need to be lengthened;
- Excessive bubbles in the printed thread are an indication of a higher than required print temperature. Reducing Print temperature below 238C will result in less thread opacity due to recombination with the atmosphere, however this will also reduce bonding in layers exceeding 25% of nozzle diameter;
- Shrinkage is equal to ABS and can be controlled using garolite (LE) as a print table cover/plate;
- Heated beds help just as they do for printing with ABS;
- Note: currently Taulman 645 measures 1.76mm to 1.83mm dia in a slightly oval shape due to the draw and cooling process. The line cross section is constant, however users should make a slight adjustment to their "Material Diameter" (1.78mm - 1.80mm) settings to accommodate this slight variance.
Our Taulman 645 printer filament is wrapped on a plastic spool which contains approximately 0.45Kg of filament. Our Taulman 645 filaments are packed in a silica sealed bag. Please see below some more details with respect to the weight and dimensions of our Taulman 645 filaments.
|Filament Net Weight:||± 0.45 Kg|
|Spool Size (D x h):||126 mm x 70 mm|
|Spool Hub Diameter:||19 mm|
|Packaged weight||1.45 Kg|
Up! Plus Universal Taulman 645 spoolholder:
|Filament Net Weight:||± 0.45 Kg|
|Material:||645 Nylon Co-Polymer|
|Diameter Tolerance:||+/- 0.1mm|
|Print Temperature Guideline:|
|Glass Transition Temperature:|
|Ovalidity Tolerance (max):||+/- 5%|
|Print Speed Guideline:|
|Yield Strength:||114 MPa|